Do YOU Zumba?
Zumba combines Latin music with easy-to-follow dance moves. Zumba classes incorporate interval training that includes resistance training to alternating slow and fast rhythms.
Why should you take a Zumba class?
- 15 million people of all shapes, sizes, and ages in more than 180 countries can’t be wrong.
- It’s an “exhilarating, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness party™ that’s moving millions of people toward joy and health,” according to zumba.com.
- The music is great! Zumba classes feature a range of dance styles, including mambo, cumbia, merengue, cha-cha, hip-hop, and belly dancing.
- Increase your fitness.
- Increase your energy level.
- Use almost every muscle of your body as you shimmy, shake, and stomp to the beat.
- Burn some serious calories. You can realistically burn 500 calories or more in an hour.
- Get motivated to keep exercising: if you enjoy doing something, you’re more likely to stick with it.
- You can do Zumba even if you can’t dance well. Zumba moves are relatively simple and manageable for most people.
- It’s fun!
This Saturday, the Warrenville Park District is hosting its first-ever Zumba Marathon to benefit SCARCE (School & Community Assistance for Recycling & Composting Education), a local organization that does lots of good “green” work. Join us from 9-10 a.m. in the Warrenville Community Building Gym on May 21, 2016. The suggested donation is just $10, and all proceeds go directly to SCARCE.
Check out our Zumba class schedules on our Web site and join us some time soon. You may want to take advantage of the Warrenville Park District’s Flex Pass, which lets you take any available group class, including any Zumba class, any time you want, as many as you want, for one single low fee. Or, try an Elite Combo membership, which includes all Flex Pass classes plus Spin and TRX.